Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Going to get baby sister!

We've been talking about it since we came home from China, and have now decided to start the paperchase AGAIN! The wait is currently about 16 months...and some predict that it will stretch even longer. We're actually ok with the timeline....if the wait was 6 months we wouldn't be ready to go back yet. It'll work out great this way...Livie will be 4 and hopefully able to really help out with baby sister & be more independent. We’ve made the mistake of already telling Livie that we’re going to China. She now talks about it EVERY DAY! “Do you want to play with bubbles?”...“I go to China.” “Do you want to watch Elmo?”...“I go to China…get baby sister.” This comes up a couple of times every day. What were we thinking??!! She actually started talking about “baby sister” before we mentioned anything….she must have heard other kids at school talking about their baby sisters….so the discussion with her evolved from there. I asked her a couple of weeks ago what she wanted to name baby sister b/c we need to start making a list of ideas. She paused….with an “ummmmm” (she does that when she’s thinking now)….”PURPLE”! She was so proud of her suggestion. I just cracked up….she looked at me like I had 3 heads when I tried to explain that was just the name of a color…but there might be better names for baby sister.

No comments: