Stafford's "after the call"...with referral notes in-hand!
We knew something was up today when didn't get the "no new updates" email from the agency this morning...they usually come out around 10:30. Steve called me around 1:00 to tell me he decided not to play golf because his back was hurting a bit (he plays golf every Friday afternoon with the neighborhood guys). I was on the phone with him when the "Stork Alert" message popped up...I just said "the stork has landed! The stork has landed! I'm shutting down and heading home! They'll call us this afternoon! Meet you at home!"...and I hit the door. I made several calls on the way home...asked someone at work to send out a message to everyone there telling them "my water broke" and I'd update them as soon as we heard anything. All of our friends & family were on alert.
So I met Steve at home and we waited...and waited...and waited. He paced...watched TV...cooked a frozen pizza. I checked email...did a little work...dusted...cleaned the bathrooms. We talked about the possibility that the call might be to tell us we were referred twins...UGH! We'd be happy, right? We wouldn't have a nervous breakdown, right? Now that we'd talked about it, would we be disappointed if we didn't get twins? No way! We'll be happy with whatever the referral tells!
How will the stars align today???
Sherry waiting...
Steve waiting...
Putter waiting...

FINALLY...at 4:16...the phone rang. It was from Austin TX. This was it. THE CALL. Steve grabbed one phone and I grabbed the other. He answered
..."Hello." "Steve?" "Yes." "Hi, this is Carrie at Great Wall and we have great news! We received your referral and it's a little girl!" OH MY GOSH...A litte girl!! That means ONE...she said "A" little girl! WHEW!! She went on with the details. She was born 12/18/04...Jiangxi Province...her name is Lin Lan Hu...she's in an orphanage. Carrie then confirmed our email and mailing address...she would email the pictures as soon as we got off the phone and we'd receive the official referral packet next Wednesday...after the Labor Day holiday. She then went on to say the baby was "so cute"...and she described her pictures. OK, OK...stop talking, hang up the phone, and hit the SEND button!!!
So we said our goodbyes to Carrie...gooshes and congrats all around...and waited for the 'ding' on the email. BOOM...it was here in just a few seconds. We were so nervous! OK..."I'm about to double click"..."are you ready?"..."are you ready?"..."are you sure?"...and then I double clicked.
"OH MY GOSH!!! SHE'S SO CUTE!!!" We were both totally giddy. What an unbelievable moment. It was completely surreal.
We spent the next several hours calling & emailing our family and friends. What an incredible day!
No comments:
Post a Comment